View Single Post
Old 06-29-2007, 11:29 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by ambalboa
Thank you.

A couple of questions:

How do I pass the /configpath command-line flag in option a?
http://www.visualbuild.com/Manual/command_linegui.htm

Quote:
I'm just beginning to learn vbscript, so I'll skip option b.
You don't need to learn much VBScript. The code is already provided; just replace "drive:path\to\filename.ext" with the actual filename(s).

Quote:
I tried option c, and it doesn't seem to work. I used a 'VisBuildPro Project' action step at the beginning, and it worked out file. There are three steps on the chained project and they are:

a) Delete config files on default file path
b) Move config files on source folder, which have added steps, macros, etc. These are not the files with default settings.
c) Write in registry key 'ConfigFilesPath'

Are these steps, and their order OK?

This is all done successfully, but when that finishes and the previous project returns and continues building, the global macros I was hoping to have access to, where not being reached.

Is there an option that I need to check on the VisBuildPro action step, specifically on the project tab? I'll keep trying and let you know what happens.
A is unnecessary. B and C (followed by the VisBuildPro Project step) should be performed in the bootstrap (calling) .bld project; the chained (called) .bld file should do the build steps that use the alternate config files.