View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 09:11 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: UR not creating link to webpage

Quote:
Originally posted by Daly de Gagne
[snip] Until yesterday, everything was working perfectly. [/snip]
Daly, I've known you for a while now, albeit via the internet & I must say, in all candor, that I don't think you are being fair to Kinook or URp. It is conceivable that this is a problem on your system that has nothing to do with URp.

I don't think it's fair that you've jumped to conclusions (A) & (B) that you've now posted some pretty harsh 'warnings' on another list about the program.

I do understand your frustration as I stated in my post & I have nothing to gain from defending Kinook except to say that I think their software is pretty well conceived, is quite sophisticated & I have, for the most part, have had all/most of my questions/comments responded to in a courteous, professional, dispassionate & timely manner, unlike my experiences with ADM & other programs.

I don't think the URp support has been any more or less than my experiences with Zoot or EccoPro so I count that as being pretty good.

Maybe this is one of those times when you should take 3 deep breaths & start again. Shit happens. Computers are not the end-all we've come to expect. Who was the politician who said "trust but verify". I believe in that & backup everything -- constantly & repeatedly.

Most of the time it helps. Sometimes it doesn't through no fault of my own, any particular software or they system I'm working on but some momentary combination of all 3.

I can tell you that I found several hundered... yes, hundred adware devices operating on my system that slowed it down to a crawl. This despite the fact that I was running an anti-ad ware program. The software turned out to be a piece of crap but now that it is all cleaned up my system is working 100% better. It just goes to show that a dropped stitch can unravel the entire sweater.

But you should know that from your practice? Right? ;-)

Sorry for your troubles & good luck in finding another program. If you luck out, be sure to let me know. Thanks.