View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 06:12 AM

In case this helps anyone, I was also having HUGE problems with the way certain web pages were rendering in UR, while they rendered fine in IE8. I'm referring to linked pages, not stored pages. I upgraded to IE9 and it didn't make any difference. Then, I went to http://www.mybrowserinfo.com and was surprised to discover that UR was sending an IE7 Compatibility View User Agent string, even though going to the same page in IE9 showed the standard IE9 User Agent.

I did some digging around and discovered to my further surprise that the embedded browser uses Compatibility View by default. To overrride this and make the embedded browser match the standard behavior of IE, you have to set the following registry key:

[(HKEY_CURRENT_USER or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE)\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULA TION]
"UltraRecall.exe" = dword 9000 (Hex: 0x1F40)

If you're using IE8, you'll want to set the value to 8000 instead of 9000. Make sure you're setting the decimal value to 8000 or 9000, not the hex value. After you close out of the registry and restart UR, you will be amazed to discover that all your web pages now render perfectly!

Admin note: UR now registers version 11 in the above registry setting during installation.