View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by J-Mac
As for the data records themselves, it appears that you are anticipating Claim_Event as a sort of primary key, or unique identifier, correct? Or did I misunderstand? Unfortunately these documents do not natively contain any unique identifier, so I had to assign each a user-assigned ID number as a primary key. All of the records are actual, distinct pieces of correspondence, some with related forms. Presently each row in Excel directly corresponds to a physical document - hard copy - which I have scanned to my hard drive using a scanner and software that scans each to a searchable PDF file.

While I currently have not created any record without a related document I do want the ability to add such records myself; records that do not have an associated physical document. So yes, I will need both Doc and Text Templates. I also need to be able to add my own notes to each record. Not that every doc would have a note attached; only those for which I determine a need.
In Excel, are you working with one worksheet that contains ALL the Columns (Attributes) - a flat file, or are you working with multiple worksheets and relating them in some fashion.

Can you manipulate the Excel file so that you have a worksheet that contains one row for each Claim, and the Columns that describe just the Claim:

Claim.csv
==========
Claim_No.
Claim_Date
Company_Name
Plus any other Columns

and Save As the worksheet to csv.

On the UR side create the Claim Template (a copy of the Text or Folder Template) and Insert/Assign these Attributes:

Claim_No.
Claim_Date
Claim_Status
Claim_Type
Claim_Summary
Company_Name
Company_Info

Create a coresponding Claim Form and assign it to the Claim Template, gives you the Form above the RTF Viewer Area.

Create the Claims folder and set the Default Child Template to the Claim template (this isn't needed for the import but for new Items). From the Claims folder select File | Import| csv , then from the Mapping dialog select the csv file to import, the Mapping grid is populated, set the Template to use to the Claim template. This will create a Claim Item for each row of the csv.

You can control the naming of the Claim Item on either the Excel side by creating a Column for Item Title (value derived from an expression), or on the UR side by creating a Title Expression for the Claim Tempalte.

The Company_Name value is an aide for setting the Company_Info (Info Item Lookup to Company/Vendor folder) value after import, and would be deleted after processing the Claim import.

Assuming that you have Company Contact records in Outlook, it's easy to shoot them into the Company/Vendor folder and just use the default UR Contact Tempalte - would probably want to create this folder prior to creating the Claim template so that you have a target folder for the Company_Info attribute.
Quote:

Presently each row in Excel directly corresponds to a physical document - hard copy - which I have scanned to my hard drive using a scanner and software that scans each to a searchable PDF file.
Getting the Claim_Events into UR will take a similar track, but will require some additional consideration. In Excel, I'm assuming you are storing a url for each row of a Claim_Event, is this url absolute or relative?

Since each row of a Claim_Event from Excel is a document you'll probably want to do the import to a temp folder in UR and import against a Claim_Event_doc Tempalte, then Atl-L for multiple selections to Move them to the appropiate Claim Item.

Again, this is a gross overview. I don't see where UR can't do what you want. Getting your exisitng data into UR just takes a bit of work. We can put more flesh on this if you want.