View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 05:40 AM

Jim

I couldn't agree more about shortened menus! The first thing I do in any program is to turn them off. At least it's easily accomplished.

In fact I'm on XP. (Given the problems I hear about Vista I can't see any reason to change, at least for a couple of years....)

Maybe I live dangerously, but in fact I didn't backup before deleting the Kinook entry using Regedit. It seemed to me that if that was all I deleted, the risk was fairly minimal. Can I really effect other aspects of my "computer life" by making that one change?

I do find, in general, some difficulty in knowing where customization changes in UR are stored. It seems that Favorites are stored in the database itself (which I like). Other changes seem to be global, but I am unsure if they are made in the registry or in a file stored in the program. It would be good to know for when backing up, reinstalling, etc.

The one default I think particularly needs changing is the "store contents when importing..." option. After reainstalling I forgot to set that option and lost some data because of it, until I realised my mistake.

Now I have a list of things I do when I reinstall, and that is head of the list...

Stephen