View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 12:39 PM

Thank you for your effort!

I had seen this function but did not use it because my problem is not definite keywords with special characters, but lines or real, multiple words beginning with such characters, so I cannot enter "#keyword1", "#keyword2", and so on, but I must be able to find the "#" before any "keyword12345".

I mean, I need these characters searchable independently from specific keywords.

I must divide my problem up:

One, I would like to search for these special characters in any way, in order to replace them with searchable special characters then. If really neccessary, I could do it per hand.

Two, I would like to know if there is a way to make some of these special characters searchable in keywords, by adding them (but as characters, not together with specific keywords) into a list, in order to have them available for further use, in which case I would not have to replace them but could use them in Ultra Recall.

I could vary my system a little in order to meet the demands of Ultra Recall, but keywords would be in the form, as an example, #a28, #a120, #b14, #b3, and so on.

This means, I cannot enter "keywords" "#a28", "#a29", and so on, but "#a1" to "#a999" should be recognized as keywords, that's why I'm asking if there is a list or such in which I can add special characters to be recognized as parts of keywords.

There is this thread:

http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthre...ht=brute+force

with this post:

07-10-2007, 02:50 PM
quant Registered User Join Date: 11-30-2006

the answer depends on what characters can "keyword" be composed of. I'd think that only letters a-z A-Z (+ numbers, if you specify in the setting) are considered. So it means that your "a/c" was not keyworded, and therefore cannot be found by typing only a/c, because that kind of search searches only for keywords (in this case in the user defined keyword attribute). If you enclose it in the double quotes, that is a phrase search, ie. brute-force

So I thought any special character could be searched for by phrase search, but the "/" character is one of the searchable characters.

Interesting detail here: The searchable character "¦" can be found in keywords, by keyword search (when "|" cannot be found), but in phrase search, "¦*" (with the quotes), neither "|" nor "¦" can be found. So these problems are even bigger than I thought.

If you know exactly which special characters are searchable and which are not, you can live with that, but when the same character, here "¦", can be found, and then not, there is always the risk of not finding important things, and at this moment, I do not know why this "¦" behaves in different ways.

Last edited by pierre; 02-18-2013 at 12:55 PM.