View Single Post
Old 03-07-2007, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Leoram
Sure. Pls. see attachment.
Thank you. Yes my attributes were set as yours are but here's the next question.

I want to add a private item, so I create a new item with this "private" template. All this does on my system is to create an item with a link to the "private" URD if it is not open. Same if it is open.

There is no place to add data so it is purely a link to the "private" URD. The new item does not transfer to the other URD or anything.

So when you say you can have security at an item level, what do you mean by this? How do you add a "private" item?

If it was me, I would go to the private URD & add my item, then switch back to my general URD.

If I was searching for a private item, I could probably search from the gen'l URD & I would have to offer my password to be able to get to the file.

When you say you have protection even at item level, I'm not sure I understand. I'm not sure how this is different from having a file w a password except that it only opens when I am looking for a specific "private" item. Is that it?

Sorry to keep this thread going but I want to be sure I get it & I appreciate your patience.

Last edited by janrif; 03-07-2007 at 08:19 AM.