View Single Post
Old 11-04-2003, 03:04 PM

Unhappy All of my build rules are being ignored...?

Hi all,

I'm attempting to work with some build rules, but I can't get any to fail. No matter what conditions I apply, even to the sample projects, all steps are always attempted. Here's where I started:

Essentially, I have a macro, %VERSION%, which can have the value "8.02" or "8.01" (minus the quotes). I want to to perform a particular step only if the version equals "8.01". I input %VERSION% into the 'Build Only If...' field and set the dropdown to 'is equal to' and set the value to 8.01 . The step continues to work however, whether my %VERSION% macro evaluates to 8.01, 8.02, ZEBRA, or kj984731hkdsk. I just can't get it to fail...

I tried playing with the sample projects, Advanced.bld in particular. I reset the value of %FILETOFIND% to something bogus ("C:\WINNT\WIN.INIF"), but even this build step is still attempted (it fails because it can't find that file of course), but if I'm reading the documentation right the build attempt shouldn't have been made.

Am I just flat out missing something here? Or do I have some weird setting enabled that disables build rules somehow?

Thanks in advance!

--JDAVIDI