View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 09:45 AM

Well, I've fixed one problem and run into another. I'm not sure whose problem this is, but I'll just outline the process and see if anybody has any suggestions.

I have a build that gets files from sourcesafe using user bldadm with no password. It generates the command line:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\Common\VSS\win32\ss.exe" Get $/Path/ -GWR -GTM -GCD -NL -I-N -Ybldadm, -W-

which works just fine when run directly from the GUI. When I run the command from a command line, it prompts for the password. Pressing enter, it says "User "bldadm" not found".

This isn't too bad of a problem, because I don't plan on running it from the command line. However, I don't plan on running it from the GUI either. I've written an ASP script to run it from a website. The build pauses indefinitely when it reaches the first SourceSafe step. My suspicion is that the same problem is occurring; it's prompting for the bldadm password.

I'm using bld.SyncBuildEx, and passing in the same username/password as the local user I'm logged in as when running the build from the GUI, but it doesn't work. I've tried running with no user/pass, but that causes the step to fail.