View Single Post
Old 05-16-2008, 04:24 PM

Hi Dominik,

few points on your design from my point of view:

- the search pane is on the left, but the search bar somewhere in the middle.

- the same with data explorer, the buttons to manipulate the data explorer are on the different place (at bottom). These few buttons at bottom are taking the whole line, too much precious space wasted. Also, I don't see any "favourites", maybe this bar could be used for that

- data explorer pane seems to be quite wide, it this because the names of items are too long or do you have very deep tree? I see that there is a vertical bar but not the horizontal one, so I'd think the pane should have bigger height and maybe smaller width

- seems like you have your own form to manipulate most frequently used attributes, therefore the attribute pane being visible all the time is probably only taking space and too distracting

- the same with calendar. I'd understand to be able to see the calendar all the time if we were able to navigate through it, but unfortunately it's kind of "passive". Also now that one has calendar in drop-down menu, seems again only taking space ...

But all the things above could be really totally irrelevant to you, cause the layout very much depends on your work style ...
Attached Images