View Single Post
Old 09-09-2006, 04:04 PM

Publishing an OML Export

I'm a teacher and want to publish my UR content for my students to use in a simple browseable form both on CD and on my web site. I've been trying to find a way to publish a UR OML export to HTML but am having no luck. I am not experienced with XML, OPML and OML so am not sure what I can do with the UR output as is. I'm looking for recommendations based on the following (I don't mind doing some HTML level scripting to make this work).

At a minimum, I'd like to generate a single top level HTML file as an indenjted list that corresponds to the UR item hierarchy. I'd like the HTML formated such that each UR item is listed by title and linked relative to the items in the _StoredContent folder. I would also like to follow each linked item with a text listing of the attributes exported in the OML file. Any recomendations on XML (OML) to HTML conversion tools?

Optimally, I'd like to embed a collapsible tree view of the OML data with browseable links to each data item in _StoredContent at each tree node and the item attributes collabsible at each item node. I've looked for some kind of client and/or server side plugin etc to do this and found something called Grazr that uses JavaScript to display an OPML hierarchy, but I can't get it to work with a UR OML output file. Any recomendations on other plugins (JScript, PHP, Java, ActiveX, whatever)?

The best solution would be for UR to output a publishable format directly.... something that does not require UR or UR viewer installed on the client side (my students would choke on this). Obviously this is already on the wish list and has been covered in other forum threads.