View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hilary
It will when I've wrapped my head round it and practised a couple of times, thanks. How do you 'link and sync' a folder? Where can I read more about this?[snip]
Link to folder = Import Folder into UR
Sync to Folder should appear in UR right click/context menu (I think it actually sez 'Synchronize')

Quote:
Windows Mail already saves emails individually as .eml files within their own folders. So it looks as though the step with creating a new folder and 'saving as' is optional. [snip]
I don't user Windows email client but all email clients do as you describe one way or another. I have taken the habit of creating my own folder where I keep all my UltraRecall documents so I don't interfere w anything else. When I delete I'm deleting only in that folder & not the email client folder... if that makes sense to you.

Quote:
What would be perfect - right-clicking an email in the email Inbox and adding a reminder, task, keywords, etc...
Once your email is in UR, you can do pretty much anything you want to it, i.e add reminder, keywords, etc.

To simplify data entry you could also consider creating a document import form w all the fields you want so you don't have to work in the attributes pane.

Hope that helps. Others may have better/simpler/more streamlined/clever approaches than this so give the forum members a few days for other suggestions.