View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bkonia
This would not work with XStandard. The reason is that XStandard is a strict XHTML editor and many web pages do not yet conform to the XHTML standard. If you copy/paste part of an HTML page into XStandard's WYSIWYG view, it would past it in as plain (unformatted) text. If you copy/paste the actual HTML code into XStandard's code view, it would report that the code is not XHTML compliant and you would have to go through the code manually and correct each of the errors.
thanks for explanation

Quote:
Originally posted by bkonia
However, this discussion is moot, because UR already includes the capability to paste in partial (or complete) web pages and store them as document Info Items.
yes, but
1. those cannot be edited directly (not a big problem for me, cause you can always open it externally and edit in your favorite (wysiwyg) editor)
2. the main problem is that I need to copy part of the website inside another item text, with preserved formatting and images. I understand the problem behind, but this seams really like the VERY ESSENTIAL feature that any aspiring PIM soft should have, because
a. most of the information is on the web
b. you want to structure your note so that you understand it, add only relevant part + be able to add your own comment, I'm really surprised that this seems too much to ask for ... and seeing that some simple web application like google notebook does it seemlessly, makes me sad