View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 01:36 PM

HTML problems in copying and pasting

I am trying to transfer a lot of notes from InfoSelect into UltraRecall.

Most of the notes that I would like to transfer have been copied from webpages into InfoSelect. Many of the notes that I have are in some hypertext format that results when I mark something from a webpage, and drag it into an InfoSelect note. InfoSelect can preserve the hyperlinks in the same way that it was displayed on the webpage -- underlined text with the URL hidden underneath.

[I should note that I get the same behavior in UltraRecall when I mark text in a webpage and then drag and drop it onto a blank note. And this behavior is desirable.]

BUT when I try to copy and paste notes from InfoSelect into UltraRecall, UltraRecall makes everything into displayed text. Yes, the hyperlink is blue -- but the hyperlink is the entire URL written out.

For example, this is what my short InfoSelect text looks like when it gets into UltraRecall:

Jules Hirsch, a research physician at Rockefeller University (<http://topics.nytimes.com/top/refere...inline=nyt-org>), had gotten curious ...

You must admit, it makes for annoying reading.

I'd really like to know how to copy and paste so that the details of the URL where still hidden under the relevant text, instead of displayed.

Alternatively, is there a way to strip those HTML references out of a note? (Using the "Paste Text" option does not do it. I get the exact same output that I got using the normal paste function)

I hope you can make sense of what I'm talking about. I don't "do" HTML, so I realize that I am creating my own vocabulary to describe the problem I'm trying to work around.

I also got the program Clip Mate, which seems to have a lot of options and I was thinking I could use that as an intermediary. But the straightforward use of that program did not give me the results I wanted -- but it has so many options, that he might be able to use it as an intermediary if I understood the problem. I don't understand the problem -- I only understand the results. (Aah page, the woes of the uninitiated!)

I would really like to get out from under InfoSelect, but this characteristic is a big constraint. Many thanks in advance.

Ms.Julie