Thread: UR hangs
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2006, 06:32 PM

I upgraded to version 2.0a. UR was working OK. I closed it, downloaded the new version and installed it. I chose the option in the installer to start UR. When it started it hung; the hourglass showed and I could do nothing with it. I closed UR with the task manager and then tried starting it with the shift key held down. It still hung.

I tried the shortcut method you suggested. This worked, but when I went to the item I had been using, closed UR and started it again, it hung. I've tried this several times now and if I close UR while viewing that item and start it up again it hangs. What could be wrong with the item? It's just an item based on a template.

I copied the item to another database and the same thing happens with that. However, if I open a database (not on the problem item) then open the database to which I've copied the item, it opens it on the problem item but without hanging.

I've created a database with a cutdown version of the item that always causes the probelm when I open the database here. I'm sending it to you. Let me know if there's anything else I can tell you.