View Single Post
Old 05-19-2007, 11:18 AM

you misunderstand or - more likely - I didn't communicate well enough...

OK - let me explain with a trivial but telling example: Imagine a grocery list. I wouldn't want to create that as any kind of hierarchy. Just a list. But next to each item, as I picked the item up, I'd click the checkbox and it would be understood as complete. I could print it off and give it to my son and tell him to go to the next store and pick up the remaining items. No messing with multiple items; just a single one.

yeah - I can do that now in Word - or OneNote - but it would be cool to have it here with URP, too.

So what besides grocery lists...? Let's see now...

- A simple todo list quickly typed
- A simple checklist of things that need to be done every month.
- How about this: I'm writing an instruction guide and inside the guide is a checklist of things that need to be accomplished. The printed version shows the checkboxes; the electronic version can be distributed virginally each month to each employee and they can complete the checklist electronically and email it back to me.

And that's just off the top of my head.

OK - maybe URP isn't the right tool for this. I just figured that as long as there was discussion about RTF editing, this would be a nice-to-have. Not a core RTF function, which is why I didn't put it in my entry on that discussion. Just a simple little thing... Well maybe it's simple - I don't really know.

Regards,
Bal