View Single Post
Old 05-19-2007, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by wordmuse
Personally, I found UR to be incredibly easy to use. I've had to use the help only occassionally, though I should probably use it more because some of my questions in this forum are answered in the help file (so call me lazy).

If you're in a rush to be on top of it, and if you've never used this kind of software before, I guess it could be tough. It's a feature rich program and even though intutitive, it still takes time to understand all the features and how they are implemented.

But if you're not in a rush and have time to play with it, I can't imagine that an ECCO user would have ANY difficulty at all.

Regards,
Bal
Yes, you are right. An Ecco user should not have ANY or perhaps not have too many.

But I guess I was in a hurry to get productive and that was my mistake.

In hindsight, taking the advice of people here, it does make sense to read the manual first to get a flavor of it.

Just an aside - I think it's useful to read the manual on the web for a start rather than the one that came with the program.

The web manual is more of an overview if you don't click on too many links. Kind of give you a more bird's eye view.

The manual that came installed runs into a lot more detail that would be useful as one delve much deeper into the program.

So I should say as you test UR:

1. Read the web manual quickly once through without trying to follow every link.
2. Read or use the installed manual more as a reference as you delve deeper.