View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by $bill
If you could learn Ecco, you can do anything...I think that it was one of the hardest programs for me to master, bar none...

I concur with Quant's suggeston - watch the videos. That got me off to a good start...
Yes, Ecco is indeed a tough program to learn. But the power is inspiring. In fact I still use it when I need a good outliner to organize my thoughts.

I have still yet to find an outliner that can match its power and flexibilty in being able to view the data from many different views.

In fact I'm hoping that I can find in Ultra Recall a software that will make me truly want to start using a "real" PIM again.

I have stopped using Ecco as a PIM a couple of years after it was abandoned and I hate to admit, have been wandering in the wilderness all these years from Outlook, Treepad, besides trying many others.

But I like many other Ecco refugees I believe are still looking for something that could replace it. Many are still actively using it, a testament to its flexibility and power.

So we just make do with what we can, a mixture of Ecco, Outlook (simply because it will continue to exist and it makes for a good conduit to synchronize other databases to PocketPCs and other programs), My Life Organized, GTD Add-Ins.

Perhaps with Ultra Recall I hope I have reached the "promised land" !

I will certainly take your advice and watch the videos.

Last edited by bookman; 05-17-2007 at 08:14 PM.