View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 11:58 AM

Re: How do I get started quickly with Ultra Recall

Quote:
Originally posted by bookman
I'm a "power" computer user, having been a long-time Ecco Pro user (until it was abandoned by Netmanage) and used many other PIM related software

But I feel somewhat frustrated by the learning curve I'm experiencing at the moment with Ultra Recall but I can see its great potential.

Where can I find some additional tutorials (other than 4 of them on the website) to get started quickly and start feeling somewhat more productive with Ultra Recall ?
I'm sorry, but I have to disappoint you. There is no shortcut! You either go through the whole help, watch the flash demos http://www.kinook.com/UltraRecall/demos.html read some tips from users, or you will struggle. It might be good idea to go through the whole options menu and see what all the options mean and how can you use them. Typical example, is that you start searching for "Win2000" and after much effort you will realize that there is a setting for keywording words that contain numbers. So if you didn't check this option, you won't find your items containing Win2000 (unless you use advanced search with wildcard)

I'm "power computer user" as well, but it took me about a week to get to the grasps with UR. After about a month I thought I know all the features, but I was still finding bits and pieces that I didn't know about and could find use in UR. Good luck!!!

But don't worry, the time invested will pay back when you realize how much can UR really do and how much it can help you in whatever you use it for ...

Last edited by quant; 05-17-2007 at 12:04 PM.