View Single Post
Old 02-10-2004, 10:06 AM

Question GAC Install Partial failure

I'm encountering a weird error when attempting to perform a GAC Install step via Visual Build Pro. I'm attempting to install an assembly to the GAC, and then "Update AssemblyFolders registry key" (the value I have for that textbox is DeluxeLog.LogReader). The output for this step is as follows:

Code:
Building project step 'Install LogReader library to the Global Assembly Cache'...
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\SDK\v1.1\bin\gacutil.exe" /nologo /if "c:\development_current\Common\Lib\LogReader\bin\Release\LogReader.dll"
Assembly successfully added to the cache
The system cannot find the file specified.
Step 'Install LogReader library to the Global Assembly Cache' failed
So it seems that the assembly gets installed to the cache just fine, but the registry part is failing (in fact, if I remove the registry key text, it works just fine). The odd thing is that this works fine on my local machine, but not on my build machine. I'm not sure if it's a configuration setting or what. What file is it trying to find?

Any ideas?

Also, I apologize if this has already been covered, I can't seem to force the forum software to search for "GAC" -- it requires a minimum of 4 letters, and nothing pertinent came up for "global assembly cache".

Thanks in advance for any help.