View Single Post
Old 11-12-2003, 09:58 AM

How would I go about capturing the timestamp of the projects executables before the build? What if I don't have access to these executables, ie. they are just built from the source-code and deployed to other machines?

I was wondering if I could do it with the VSS Diff function? For example, before compiling the projects, I would check VSS to see if there is any difference between the current files and the ones in the previous label. If there is then I would compile and version increment all projects, if not I would skip that step. Do you think this would be possible / viable?

Also, with regard to my second question from before, I didn't explain it very well. I wasn't wondering about the actual compile process, but the build process in your product. It seems like the first time I run "Build", it will build everything great, but then if I run "Build" again, all my steps are skipped! How does it know to skip these steps? How can it decide to skip stuff before it even checks VSS files? Is there any way I can turn this behaviour off?

Thanks for you time,
Dawson