View Single Post
Old 03-09-2006, 03:21 PM

frustration

Why are the UR developers not doing anything further with the Outlook integration? I am incredibly frustrated that software developers in general do not recognize that OL is the standard. Do not get me wrong - I am not happy with the MSFT monopoly and I do not think it is a perfect product I am just recognizing that it is here to stay. The way to break the OL monopoly is turn it into a info standard, ie use the OL items as date for better applications like UR. Many users are simply unwilling or unable to abandone OL and use another app. If a new app synchs with OL they can try it, become proficient, and eventually leave OL all together (except as a data storage format). OL is simplistic - I agree. I need better, more dynamic ways to manipulate contacts, tasks, notes, emails, web pages, documents, etc. Yes, that is UR. However, I am not going to give up the ability to have all my contacts, tasks and calendars in OL. Why? what if I use exchange, what if I want to move to another app, crm, PIM, etc (they all import from OL), what if I need to use plaxo or linkedin or anything else that wisely uses OL as a base and builds functionality.
ARGHHHHHHHHH.
Just give us an app the synchs with OL items. If I change the name of a task in UR, change it in OL. If I change a phone number for Mr. Smith in OL, reflet that in UR. Capiche????
ARGHHHHHHHHHHH