View Single Post
Old 02-21-2006, 10:21 PM

just started noticing search performance issues

just started noticing some really horribly slow search query performance, that used be almost instantaneous....

whenever I now click on quick search - or reset from a previous search - with no search terms it immediately starts listing all the info items. but it gets hung and is thrashing my cpu at 50+ % and taking up to two minutes to list out just 513 info items....

Similarly when I perform a simple search using just one term... it is performing unbelievably slow - spitting out a few results, then in increments of 1 or a few, until it finally grinds to done in an up to one miniute seemingly interminable time frame... I don't remember seeing this problem before.... it just seems to have kicked in today. I do not recollect doing anything odd with my computer, or installing anything that could have done this. I have f-secure virus/firewall, and have had so for a long time...

I have tried reinstalling UR (by the way, the forum indicates version 1.4c, wheras the download page indicates 1.4b?) - but to no avail.

I have a 3.2 ghz machine with 1.5gig RAM, and typically only about 500-600meg commit charge...

This is a real concern as I am using UR for my everyday work critical information management, and I can't afford for searches to be this retarded...

Anyone else seeing a problem with search performance?

Last edited by igoldsmid; 02-21-2006 at 10:24 PM.