Thread: Roadmap Changes
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 09:00 PM

I've been disappointed by the lack of certain features as well, but while I don't mean to start a debate, I would like to express my appreciation for the fact that Kinook has been willing to share the detailed roadmap in advance. That is fairly unique and helpful to me in understanding in what direction UR will evolve... especially valuable since putting all one's info into UR is not an insignificant commitment. We (especially myself) throw a ridiculous amount of feature suggestions (sometimes not always fully thought out) at Kevin and he does a great job of dealing with them amicably and integrating them.

I am confident that Kinook did not intend to mislead anyone. The Roadmap post does say "tentative", "rough", "no guarantees", etc., and even if it didn't, that should be assumed. Planned product features are going to change over time based on many factors... that's just part of any product development process.

I hope that Kinook continues to share its product feature plans in advance, as well as continues to have a forum like this where users can express their needs and wishes, even if it means that sometimes our expectations may not always be met. That is what makes UR such a unique application. While UR doesn't do everything I'd like it to, it amazes me that such a small company can make software that is so much better than what Microsoft puts out.