Thread: Roadmap Changes
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 12:00 AM

How have you been Daly,

"Hoist" is still in the planned features that aren't slated for a specific release. I take that to mean it will be implemented but not in the next version, as the chart doesn't specify versions beyond 1.4. To me, hoist is a change of full-version magnitude. After all, only one extant multi-pane outliner currently has it, and it's in a whole different price range.

There may be room for argument as to the order for future-version improvements, but the ones that are ahead of hoist aren't frivolous. I only see one that I would consider it plainly irrational to place ahead of hoist: the favorites toolbar.

I'm not enamored with Firefox, so perhaps the following should be taken with a grain of salt. But I think that although this is probably not the reason why Kinook canned the Firefox integration, my perception is that Microsoft's response with tabbed browsing features has dampened Firefox's appeal considerably, that along with Firefox's well-publicized security breaches and Microsoft's security improvements. In any event, my personal and only semi-informed opinion is that at the present time, IE is a more secure browser than FF. I use iRider and Netcaptor myself.