View Single Post
Old 06-26-2005, 02:19 AM

I got confused about "Store Contents," but I think the source of the confusion is more superficial. The documentation states: "The Stored Contents button , placed by default in the Item Toolbar, will be depressed when a document Info Item has been stored." Which is wrong; at least on my set up, the button is NOT depressed when contents are STORED. It is depressed, rather, when the InfoItem is LINKED.

Also, while the button's label is "Store Contents," the documentation says "Stored Contents." The verb form "Store Contents" does lead the user to think that the button creates the stored InfoItem. The adjectival "Stored" is less misleading.

Another factor that generates confusion is that the other buttons perform an action rather than toggling a state. So it's probably misleading to lay this button out parallel to the action buttons. It should probably be set off in some way to make it seem like a toggle and to distinguish its nature from that of the other buttons. I'm not graphical enough to offer any suggestion on how to do that.

Stephen R. Diamond

Last edited by srdiamond; 06-26-2005 at 03:20 AM.