View Single Post
Old 06-20-2005, 09:06 AM

I'll try to better explain myself.

The Store Contents button doesn't store the contents of the Item Details Pane, but rather re-retrieves the data for the document specified by the Url attribute. Perhaps this is part of the misunderstanding.

The purpose of the "Store Contents" button is to either store or not store the contents of the document (or web page) specified by the Url attribute value of an existing Info Item (based on the Document template or derived from the Document template). When a Document Info Item is "storing contents" the actual document (or web page for web content) is saved in the Info Database. If not "storing contents" then the document is only referenced (linked) but the document data is not contained in the Info Database.

If the Web Toolbar contains a url, then the Item Details Pane in Ultra Recall is being used in browser mode, and is not displaying the linked or stored contents of the current Info Item. All other panes, and the Store Contents button are still "slaved" to the currently selected Info Item, not the current contents of the Item Details Pane (which is in "browser" mode).

Is dragging and dropping the url from the Web Toolbar to the Data Explorer failing for you for all urls or only one or a few? If not all the time, I would be interested in seeing a failing url, so we can test it.

There are no known issues related to the Forward/Back buttons or functionality since version 1.0 (there were no related changes in 1.3a). When I asked for more information, I was looking for stuff like:
- Are the buttons disabled, or do they simply not respond to clicking?
- If not disabled, do you get a valid list of entries when you drop the list down for each button?
- When do they work/not work (is this related to using UR as a browser or also for internal UR navigation)?

Not sure why the IE context menu would not be displayed, this is handled by IE directly (once they are added during UR installation). What is displayed in the Web Toolbar and the Url attribute (in the Item Attributes Pane) when they are missing?