Thread: Lost Clones?
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 10:48 AM

I am very sorry, my considerations certainly apply in general, but not to UR; I got mislead by other program's very poor cloning features, and so I misinterpreted another quirk.

Clones are perfectly exported, and after exporting, they work as supposed, this is outstanding, overwhelming and sensational, my excuses. (I tried with real data where hundreds of items on various levels got me to lose my clones from eyesight, when they were very well preserved.)

The quirk that mislead me, is this: When having cloned an item (and in the same database or after exporting to another one), the search only finds terms in the "original", not in the clone. Perhaps I do something wrong there, again? But now I tried for several times, and for every cloned item, contents are only found in the item from which the clone was created, not in the clone also.

Do I overlook something, then, or can't those terms in cloned items be found as yet? (What I want to say is, the original item appears in the search results list, but not also the clone(s) of this item.)

Again my excuses for pretending the tremendous clone feature doesn't export well, it does, and it's a real pleasure to work with.

Last edited by schferk; 12-22-2010 at 11:13 AM.