View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 10:41 PM

Oh my, I am ever so sorry that you are have difficulty, and more so that it has caused you to experience such hostility that you snapped at quant, one of our most valuable forum contributors who didn't realize that his clue did not match your degree of cluelessness....but on to address your difficulties....

Seems you must have overlooked the very important topic-- KEYWORDS (TAGGING)-- which was addressed in the Getting Started, Basic Concepts portion of the help file. Specifically KEYWORDS are AUTO-GENERATED from file type PDF (in the Professional edition only). Now since KEYWORDS (TAGS) are only used by searches to "accurately and efficiently locate info items in the database"--if such is not your intent, feel free to do as quant suggests and disable the keyword collection from the pdf's. Be aware that UltraRecall does not search information that lies outside of the Info Database, so searching will be limited to the attributes like title, date, URL, etc.

Now as to "will I be stuck with this bloated index forever?"...It would be easiest to change your definition of "bloated" if searching is useful to you. How about changing the import setting (as quant suggested), deleting the items, compacting and linking them again. If you have "full-text search enhancements enabled", I don't know any other way. If not, you can use the Item|Keyword dialog to delete the keywords. If the pdf's are small and the size of the Info Base is rising excessively, consider sending a copy of the database to kinook for evaluation.

Quote:
Originally posted by tfjern
Please always give detailed, simple explanations, or don't give them at all.
Readability Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level 11.2<too high!>, Reading Ease 61.1