View Single Post
Old 10-27-2004, 11:39 AM

Error when launching shell

I have found out that the error was caused by Internet Explorer (I am running IE6) even though the error plainly pointed at Visbuild.exe. The error occurred randomly and while the machines were unattended because of an automatic update to IE that is run across my company network. When this automatic update runs it generates a log file that corresponds consistently with the occurance of the errors.
Oddly, I found that I eliminated this issue after applying a virus fix by adding extra.dat to my IE folder. After the update the error went away. This is still an issue if IE is opened while visbuild is running. My company updates do not seem to be running anymore and if they do I know where the problem is.
The solution to my problem clearly is to not run IE when visbuild is running. There is no reason why IE should run when the build is running anyway, so this is not an issue. I have to ask whether in fact the error is caused by IE or visbuild? I lean towards IE because Kinook puts out decent software. At this point I do not care so long as visbuild works without interuption. I believe you will be able to reproduce the error by opening up a visbuild script then open IE.

Regards,
Mkscott98