View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 11:07 PM

I never did post back about this issue.

When I export that registry key and then re-register it while Ultra Recall is closed, Ultra Recall does indeed open to the size that I last dragged it to. However after the next reboot of my computer Ultra Recall reverts back to the smaller window size again.

The initial window size that Ultra Recall is opening with by default is 1440 X 854, which sounds pretty large until you view it on a 24" widescreen monitor running at a resolution of 1920 X 1200. Even then it is not overly tiny. But since I am using such a large monitor I always drag the UR window to about 1800 X 1100.

It's not that big a deal - no crisis or anything. I can just continue to drag the window corner to a larger size each time Ultra Recall starts. But I think this means that the default size is contained somewhere other than the registry key you mentioned. Must be or the window wouldn't be reverting back like this. I was thinking that the installer package for Ultra Recall might be determining the size based on the monitor size that it sees upon installation. I have installed two later builds since I got the larger monitor and it didn't help. But then again installing an update does not reset the settings. I could try a complete uninstall/reinstall to see if the default size changes, but I will have to wait until I have time to reset all my settings. Might be a while!

Thank you.

Jim