View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 01:43 AM

Re: Re: Huh?

Quote:
Originally posted by $bill
Perhaps you mean- $bill, what sample databases were you referring to?

From the help file-

Several sample Info Databases are provided to demonstrate the features and advantages of Ultra Recall. The samples are located in the Samples subfolder of the Ultra Recall installation path.
Thanks $bill, I found your suggestion very helpful.

In fact, look what I found by following your advice!

Quote:
Several sample Info Databases are provided to demonstrate the features and advantages of Ultra Recall. The samples are located in the Samples subfolder of the Ultra Recall installation path (typically C:\Program Files\UltraRecall\Samples) and are also accessible from the Start Menu at Programs -> Ultra Recall -> Samples.
The very first paragraph provides (2) valuable bits of information,

- it tells me the location of the Sample Databases, I'll need to know this for the File | Open Dialog.

- and it tells me of an alternate method, which is useful if I haven't launched UR yet. Also, this information was provided in a clear and concise step-by-step manner that I found easy to follow.

But wait, there's more!!
Quote:
Note: The sample databases are read-only. To modify a sample database or use it as a template for your own use, click File | Save As on the menu to save the database in your personal folder. The saved copy can be modified as desired.
Boy, I'm glad they provided this additional information because I want to be able to work in the sample databases, not just read them. Also, this tells me that if I screw something up I can always go back to the original database.

I'm anxious to get started in this program and "working through" these samples should be a good education. Also, I think I'll spend some time reviewing the Help File, espeically after I look over the samples - it may reinforce some of the concepts presented.

I must say that there is also a wealth of knowledge on this forum, and there's a couple of topics I'd like to explore before getting back to UR.

Again, thank you for your time and direction.

EDIT: This is an example of civil discourse.
Attached Images

Last edited by ashwken; 07-10-2008 at 10:33 AM.