View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 12:23 PM

I'm not using Firefox, but...

When Copying a portion of a webpage (selected text) either by using the Copy button, the right-click popup menu (Send to UR (copy)), or (as quant suggested) drag-drop the selected text to a location in the UR Data Explorer - UR will create a Document Item for the imported material. By default Document Items have a URL Attribute.

I ran some tests using all three methods above - selecting different portions of the same webpage and sending them to the same folder in UR - in each case a Document Item was created and the URL Attribute was the same for each Item.
Quote:
Then I unselected everything on the webpage and try to send the entire webpage to the same folder in UR - either with the Copy button or right-click menu - nothing is created. If I send the webpage to another location in UR it will create an Item, but it is a Linked Item to the last Item created from the selected text.

The only way that I could get the webpage to Copy to same location (or any location) as the previously created Items (snippets from page), was to Select All, then employ one of the three methods described above. This would create a new Item that contains the entire webpage.

This probably has something to do with the fact that the created Items all have the same URL Attribute - not sure why the Select All and Copy works.
Updated: deselected Tools | Options | Import (More) - Create Logically Linked Items for duplicate URL - fixed this situation.

Alternately, if I Copy (Ctrl-C) selected text from a webpage to the clipboard, then select a location in the UR Data Explorer and right-click, there are number of Paste options - each will create a new Text Item (rtf) below the selected location from the contents of the clipboard.

By default Text Items do not have a URL Attribute, but this Attibute can be exposed via the Ctrl-4 Item Attibutes Pane. I don't know what effect the assignment of a value to this Attribute will have for a Text Item.

Granted, I'm using IE, but this is how things behave for me.

Last edited by ashwken; 10-23-2007 at 02:21 AM.