Kinook Software Forum

Kinook Software Forum (https://www.kinook.com/Forum/index.php)
-   [UR] General Discussion (https://www.kinook.com/Forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   viewing graphics internally (https://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=2334)

orsonk 03-06-2007 03:02 PM

viewing graphics internally

I'm not seeing how to make imported graphics show up in the internal viewer. As far as I know, I have this set..... but all I can see for JPG and PNG files I've imported is a link to open "linked document."

What am I missing?

Thanks.

Orson

janrif 03-06-2007 04:12 PM

Re: viewing graphics internally

Quote:

Originally posted by orsonk
I'm not seeing how to make imported graphics show up in the internal viewer. As far as I know, I have this set..... but all I can see for JPG and PNG files I've imported is a link to open "linked document." [snip]
Have you tried drag/drop onto item details page?

orsonk 03-06-2007 04:22 PM

Re: dragging graphic to item deails page... Do you mean dragging a file from Windows Explorer to an text item, document item, folder item? I've tried dragging to each of these, and the graphic does not appear to be imported.

I *can* drag a graphics file to the Data Explorer, and it's imported. But the details pane merely shows a link, "Click here to open linked document." I want to see the image itself.

janrif 03-06-2007 04:34 PM

For purposes of simplicity, goto

Explorer
drag/drop a jpg or whatever onto "My Data"
goto the bottom of the outline
There UR should have created a 'document'
If you click on it, you should see the jpg in details (right) window

janrif 03-06-2007 04:34 PM

For purposes of simplicity, goto

Explorer
drag/drop a jpg or whatever onto "My Data"
goto the bottom of the outline
There UR should have created a 'document'
If you click on it, you should see the jpg in details (right) window

sorry for duplicate

orsonk 03-06-2007 04:46 PM

That's exactly what I did, and all I get is a link, not the image.

I'm not using "Pro." Does that make a difference in the ability to view images inside Ultra Recall?

Am I missing some check box somewhere?

janrif 03-06-2007 04:57 PM

I don't know if Pro makes the differnce. I think the differences in version are on the Kinook site.

I do't belive there's a missing checkbox.

As I understand URp data ypes, documents is a type that permits viewing of certain formats outside of text, i.e. rtf, graphics, etc.

From the help file which you probably saw already

|---------------------------[ Start ] -------------------------|

The following types of images can be displayed directly in the Image Viewer version of the Item Details Pane:

· *.gif
· *.jpg

· *.jpeg
· *.eps

· *.jig
· *.tga

· *.tif
· *.pct

· *.tiff
· *.wmf

· *.bmp
· *.emf

· *.dib
· *.rel

|--------------------------- [ End ] --------------------------|

Look under Options | Documents to see if these extensions are listed. If they are, then I don't know what the problem is & someone more experienced than I am will have to jump in here. Sorry.

orsonk 03-06-2007 05:30 PM

Yes, it appears I'm doing everything right. I also just compacted and repaired the database, for the heck of it.

Still get only a link, not the image.

Anyone in UR tech support to respond? Thanks.

kinook 03-06-2007 09:50 PM

Please ZIP and send or post:
1) The info from Help | About | Install Info
2) Run RegEdit and export the registry key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Kinook Software\Ultra Recall\Options"
3) A .urd file that demonstrates the problem (you can copy the problem item into a new database)

Thanks.