Kinook Software Forum

Kinook Software Forum (https://www.kinook.com/Forum/index.php)
-   [UR] General Discussion (https://www.kinook.com/Forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   re html export (https://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=4707)

wordmuse 10-15-2010 11:10 PM

re html export

Is there any way to do a HTML export without creating a frameset structure?

Sometimes - most times - I want to export just a single page. In such instances, the frameset is way overkill.

- Bal

armsys 10-16-2010 06:10 PM

Do you mean exporting to or from UR? Please clarify.

wordmuse 10-17-2010 02:46 AM

exporting from URP to HTML. It seems I always get a frameset with a table of contents in the left frame. Sometimes all I really want is a single page.

- Bal

armsys 10-17-2010 05:23 AM

Hi Bal
1. Have you tried exporting to Word whereby you can edit at will? For example, Word can convert a table to text.
2. How do you export from UR to HTML?

kinook 10-18-2010 07:49 AM

If you're exporting a single imported web page, use 'File | Export -> Documents and rich item text to a folder' to export as a single web page.

wordmuse 10-21-2010 02:07 AM

The suggested procedure is what I have been doing.

When I do so, I get the following folder/file structure:

Export_Icons
Export_StoredContent

index.html
toc.html

Clicking index, I see my content file in the toc frame. Right-clicking the content file and choosing Open in New Tab, I see my file is located here - relative to the index.html file.

Export_StoredContent/2464/myfile.html

All I want exported is the myfile.html. If there are images in the URP item, I'd like them to be exported as png, jpg or gif files in the same folder as myfile.html.

Is there a way to do this, and if not, please consider putting it on the roadmap for a future feature.

- Bal

kinook 10-21-2010 10:26 AM

Are you sure you didn't choose the last export option (Documents and item rich text to HTML), rather than the first export option (Documents and item rich text to a folder)? The first option exports just the web page, plus any images, style sheets, etc. in a subfolder named exported_filename_files (standard IE/Firefox export format).

wordmuse 10-26-2010 07:39 AM

doh! you nailed it!

It works better than I had wanted. :)

THANK YOU for your patience.

- Bal

wordmuse 11-25-2010 10:37 AM

Sorry to revisit this one again. I must be doing something wrong. When I select the first choice (Documents and item rich text to a folder), the resulting export is an RTF file - not an HTML file with external images.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
- Bal

kinook 11-28-2010 09:50 PM

If the item to be exported is a text item rather than a web page, you'll need to use HTML export to convert to HTML. The non-framed HTML page and images will be created in a subfolder of the export path (filename_StoredContent\).

wordmuse 11-30-2010 04:19 AM

OK - that's fine.

But I'll be making a suggestion in that section... :)

- Bal