Kinook Software Forum

Kinook Software Forum (https://www.kinook.com/Forum/index.php)
-   [UR] General Discussion (https://www.kinook.com/Forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   QuickSearch and the Item Details pane (https://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=827)

philb2k 01-27-2005 06:20 AM

QuickSearch and the Item Details pane

I have created some items and put information into their Item details pane. If I then use the Quick search function, it does not seem to find any data from that pane. The two checkboxes at the bottom of the Quicksearch window are not checked. I have reset the search but that does not help. So far I have seen this on a Task and also a Note. I have also noticed that if I enter text into the Item Notes window, it does not seem to get picked up in a search either. does UR search only query keywords or should it also query all text in an item?

regards,

Phil.

philb2k 01-27-2005 10:20 AM

Well not sure what happened but it seems to be working now. Go figure. I also found the Keywording section under Import in the Options dialog where there is an option to check to have UR parse numerical strings too.

Phil.

ExtraLean 01-27-2005 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by philb2k
I also found the Keywording section under Import in the Options dialog where there is an option to check to have UR parse numerical strings too.

Phil.

This got me to thinking... is there a way to "re-index" or "re-keyword" stuff that already exists in the database? Say I just did a whole lot of importing, but didn't have the option to keyword the words containing digits turned on. Everything I just imported won't have those words keyworded, but now I want them to be. Is there any way to get them keyworded?

*** Just did a couple quick tests. ***

I see that UR *does* in fact re-index (or re-keyword) the items when this option is turned on, but only after the document gets modified/saved again. It would be nice to have a "re-keyword all" function that would rip through all the documents and re-keyword them (that is, unless of course, this feature already exists and I missed it :)) I realize this could/would take a while on larger databases, but it isn't something you'd be needing to do every day.

kevina 01-28-2005 08:36 AM

Currently this functionality does not exist. As you mention, an Info Item is updated (and re-keyworded if modified/updated) which is the current way to rekeyword Info Items.

We do have this functionality on the todo list, and it would be especially nice for stored contents, but there are several issues that make implementing it complex. Issues such as when linked documents are not available what should happen (and how to consistently detect when it isn't available), whether stored contents should always be updated (what if the user was actually intending to keep an old copy), etc.

We do intend to add this functionality but want to do it properly without providing some specific, limited functionality that isn't generally useful or doesn't work intuitively/reliably.