Kinook Software Forum

Kinook Software Forum (https://www.kinook.com/Forum/index.php)
-   [UR] General Discussion (https://www.kinook.com/Forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Whoopie v3.5 (https://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=3490)

janrif 03-03-2008 11:47 AM

Whoopie v3.5

Haven't tried one blessed thing yet in this new version but wanted to say 'thanks' for your continued development of UR. I don't know what I would do w/o it. Now I can do even more with it.

lascasas 03-03-2008 12:51 PM

So there is a version 3.5 out? Where?

janrif 03-03-2008 12:59 PM

It's in beta & may only be available to licensed users. Check w Kinook. ?? To be released in end of May.

zargron 03-03-2008 08:54 PM

Yum

Quote:

Originally posted by janrif
Haven't tried one blessed thing yet in this new version but wanted to say 'thanks' for your continued development of UR. I don't know what I would do w/o it.
Abso - bloody - lutely! (please excuse English)
I'm drooling to try out the enhanced search options. Going to exercise enormous discipline for the next few days and keep on with scheduled work. I'll try it out on the weekend and give some feedback next week. Oops - got WOMAD this weekend! Damn! So much to do and so little time. Thanks Kinook for helping me manage busy life...

nisced 03-05-2008 12:45 AM

Jan,

I have to agree: I don't know what I would do without UR professional!

The editor allows now to add tables and to has superscript/subscript.

More new features:
- Nested searches
- Search on item relationships

and a lot more.

Dominik

wordmuse 04-08-2008 05:38 PM

3 cheers again for kinook!

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you ...

3.5 looks to be a real winner. I've already implemented tables and styles. Works like it should, making URP3 better than ever. I look forward to digging under the hood. :)

Thank you thank you thank you thank you !

Regards,
Bal

wordmuse 04-18-2008 03:37 PM

And the latest iteration supports reverse sort in the Explorer pane! Woohoo!

Thank you thank you thank you. Some parts of life are much easier now. You have no idea. :)

Thank you very much indeed.

Regards,
Bal

Hilary 05-03-2008 10:44 AM

???

When I click on 'Check for updates' I see
"Your version: 3.2.6

Current version: 3.2.6"

Have I missed 3.3 and 3.4??

ashwken 05-03-2008 11:40 AM

Re: ???

Quote:

Originally posted by Hilary
Have I missed 3.3 and 3.4??
v.3.5 is the beta, send support an email requesting the url for the download page, well worth the effort.

Hilary 05-03-2008 12:54 PM

Ahh - thank you. I think I can wait for 3.5 to come out of beta - I'm cowardly about betas as my one UR database basically contains my life. ;) I just wondered if I had missed two updates inbetween somehow.

Anyway, I am really, really looking forward to tables in the editor.

armsys 05-03-2008 10:35 PM

Hi Hilary,

Are you serious that you store all your life into a single UR?

Armstrong

Hilary 05-04-2008 02:52 AM

Almost serious, in a self-mocking kind of way. Everything to do with my business goes in (apart from the calendar - I wish it had a calendar!), and that accounts for about 98.5% of my time. Then if I need a few pages and links to sort out holiday arrangements, they tend to go in there, too.

wordmuse 05-05-2008 11:47 PM

Hillary,

I am finding 3.5beta to be even more stable on my machine than 3.2.6 was. :) Go figure.

Everyone's computer is different and thus your experience may vary. But 3.5beta is a significant improvement.

Your mileage may vary.

:)

Regards,
Bal

janrif 05-06-2008 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by armsys
Hi Hilary,

Are you serious that you store all your life into a single UR?

Armstrong

What's the problem keeping everything in a single UR? I do that as well. Should I be aware of a potential problem?

armsys 05-06-2008 06:29 PM

Hi Janrif,

It's just a matter of personal preference. It all depends upon the complexity of the data you wish to manage. Just my 2 cents.

Armstrong