Kinook Software Forums

Kinook Software Forums (http://www.kinook.com/Forum/index.php)
-   [UR] General Discussion (http://www.kinook.com/Forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Editing of items with highlighted search results (http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=5176)

armsys 06-19-2013 07:38 PM

Editing of items with highlighted search results
 
I still find it troublesome to automatically lock all found items and render them not editable unless pressing CTRL+SHIFT+o. Why so troublesome? Can you remove this restriction, please? Thanks.

kinook 06-19-2013 10:47 PM

By CTRL+SHIFT+o, do you possibly mean Ctrl+Shift+0 -> Item | Edit Web Page for a stored web page? If so, you could check Tools | Options | Documents | Automatically begin editing web page items when selected.
http://www.kinook.com/UltraRecall/Ma...ditwebpage.htm

armsys 06-19-2013 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinook (Post 20387)
By CTRL+SHIFT+o, do you possibly mean Ctrl+Shift+0 -> Item | Edit Web Page for a stored web page? If so, you could check Tools | Options | Documents | Automatically begin editing web page items when selected.
http://www.kinook.com/UltraRecall/Ma...ditwebpage.htm

In my case, I remap my keyboard from Ctrl+Shift+0 to Ctrl+Shift+O, because my keyboard doesn't respond to Ctrl+Shift+0. Sorry I should have stated "Edit Text" so that we mean the same thing.
Yeah, your suggestion works. I'm sorry How could I not know it after running UR for 6 years. In my case, it's just plain text. I didn't mentally connect or associate the "web page items" to the text item.
Thanks for your quick help.

kinook 06-19-2013 11:27 PM

You shouldn't need to do that for text items or stored text files. Please send or post the details from http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=3038

armsys 06-19-2013 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinook (Post 20390)
You shouldn't need to do that for text items or stored text files. Please send or post the details from http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=3038

That was exactly what I thought of. Attached screenshot you can see after 'fiddle' is found, all edit functions to the text item are locked.

kinook 06-19-2013 11:55 PM

When using search highlighting, the text will be read-only (since you probably don't want to permanently highlight the matching words in the text).
http://www.kinook.com/UltraRecall/Ma...archdialog.htm

armsys 06-20-2013 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinook (Post 20392)
When using search highlighting, the text will be read-only (since you probably don't want to permanently highlight the matching words in the text).
http://www.kinook.com/UltraRecall/Ma...archdialog.htm

After trying different Search switiches in the Option Dialog (F8), I'm convinced by your opinion above as the best possible design. After a successful search, allowing instantly editing while some text is highlighted may not be a good idea. Just press Edit Text hotkey should solve the problem. No big deal. Thanks for your help.

kinook 06-20-2013 07:07 AM

You can also just start typing to go into edit mode.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:44 AM.


Copyright 1999-2019 Kinook Software, Inc.