Kinook Software Forums

Kinook Software Forums (http://www.kinook.com/Forum/index.php)
-   [UR] General Discussion (http://www.kinook.com/Forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Search in CHM files (http://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=4649)

hartmut 09-05-2010 03:19 PM

Search in CHM files
 
I imported a CHM file without problems, but is is not searchable.
Has any one a solution please?
Thank you

Hartmut

armsys 09-06-2010 01:49 AM

Re: Search in CHM files
 
Quote:

Originally posted by hartmut
I imported a CHM file without problems, but is is not searchable.
Hi Hartmut,
1. What do you mean by "imported a CHM file"?
2. How do you import the CHM file?
3. If it's imported into UR, it should be searchable.

$bill 09-06-2010 10:47 AM

I used a free converter to convert the CHM file to a pdf. The professional version of UR will keyword pdf files. I'm sorry but I cannot remember the details of how I did this.

A compiled HTML file (.CHM) is not listed as a file that UR will parse for keywords.
http://www.kinook.com/UltraRecall/Ma..._generated.htm

hartmut 09-06-2010 12:14 PM

Re: Re: Search in CHM files
 
Quote:

Originally posted by armsys
Hi Hartmut,
1. What do you mean by "imported a CHM file"?
2. How do you import the CHM file?
3. If it's imported into UR, it should be searchable.

I imported it like other files, the acess to the chm in the external viewer is very fast.
But UR does not search in the CHM file.

Quote:

Originally posted by $bill
Hi Hartmut, I used a free converter to convert the CHM file to a pdf. The professional version of UR will keyword pdf files. I'm sorry but I cannot remember the details of how I did this.

A compiled HTML file (.CHM) is not listed as a file that UR will parse for keywords.

I tried several CHM-Pdf Converter and did not succeed the pdf is corrupted.
Well, sometimes I downlaod small web-sites and want to include them in an UR-file. I do this with Office Explorer. UR cannot import the folder bewaring teh structure and the internal linking in the webside. tehrefor I export from the Office Explorer download as CHM or MHT. I think I have to choose MHT, which can to be imported and is searchable, but the access is not so fast, and the MHT cannot by search over the whole file, as you can do in CHM viewer.

Hartmut

armsys 09-07-2010 03:05 AM

Hi Hartmut,
Unlike most chm files, UltraRecall.chm is heavily hypertexted. In addition, it consists of mainly htm files. Apparently, the UltraRecall.chm is produced by a third-party help authoring tool. Of course, ideally Kinook could release a UR manual in pure URD without links to htm files.
Armstrong


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:45 PM.


Copyright 1999-2019 Kinook Software, Inc.