Kinook Software Forums

Kinook Software Forums (
-   [UR] General Discussion (
-   -   "Access is Denied" Error - Can't Use (

J-Mac 11-08-2009 01:01 PM

"Access is Denied" Error - Can't Use
I just started getting this Access is Denied" whenever I try to do something in URp-4. Clicking on a data item, Compact and Repair database, I can't even exit the program - I have to force it closed by ending the process. When I tried repairing the database I got:

"Error repairing database. Access is denied"

Thia all seems to have occurred right after I edited a captured web page, though I don't know that is the cause. I tried deleting the Rich Text dll - didn't help. Now I cannot do much of anything within URp. I would like to try deleting that particular web capture that I suspect of causing the problem but I cannot even click on it.

Anyone seen this before? I searched the forums and the only comparable issue I see is associated with Outlook 2007 email messages. However I don't have Outlook 2007 but 2003, and I don't use it for email at all - just contacts/calendar.

Running URp on XP Pro SP2.

Thank you.


J-Mac 11-08-2009 01:23 PM

OK, I believe that I found my way out of the problem, at least for now. I use File Hamster Plus versioning software and found a saved revision of the database that had been stored about 20 minutes before the error appeared. So I restored that revision and all is working well again.

Still would be nice to know what caused the problem so as to avoid it in the future. But I can't complain now. :)

File Hamster has now paid for itself many times over here.



armsys 11-09-2009 06:10 AM

Hi Jim,
Do you create your own template(s)?
Have you deleted template(s) created by you?
Deleting user-defined templates may corrupt the URD.
It's merely my own experience.

J-Mac 11-09-2009 04:01 PM


Originally posted by armsys
Hi Jim,
Do you create your own template(s)?

Hi Armstrong.

No, not in that URD. I had one in the old URD, the one that wouldn't pull up the Quick Search page, if you remember. But when I created a new URD and copied most of my folders over, I purposely did not copy the templates over, thinking that the custom template might be the cause of the Quick Search issue.

This URD was created after the posts about the Quick Search problem, so whatever happened to this one happened very recently. I still think it was the one web capture that I immediately edited. The edit was just to remove a rather large blank area between the title of the page and the start of the text. I deleted that white space and then clicked on Item> Edit Web Page. That should taken that web page out of the edit mode - or so I thought. The error messages started very soon after I did that. I'll not do that again!



EDIT: PS - Also, since I had a saved revision of that URD from about 20 minutes prior to making that change, and after restoring it the errors were all gone, I think it is safe to assume that the web page edit was the cause of the error.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:01 PM.

Copyright 1999-2019 Kinook Software, Inc.