Kinook Software Forum

Kinook Software Forum (https://www.kinook.com/Forum/index.php)
-   [UR] General Discussion (https://www.kinook.com/Forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Internal Browser not up-to-date? (https://www.kinook.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=4939)

doris 12-04-2011 07:40 AM

Internal Browser not up-to-date?

Hi,

I've been trying to have embedded SVG graphics in HTML pages displayed inside UR. This does not work.

Eventually, I found out that UR's internal browser seems to be IE version 7.0 (which doesn't support SVG) - while I have IE 9.0 installed on my system. Is there no way to update the internal browser? I'd very much like to be able to view SVGs in UR

Regards,
Doris

kinook 12-04-2011 12:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Seems to work ok in my tests (Win 7 x64 SP1, IE 9.0.8112.16421, UR Pro 4.2b).

doris 12-04-2011 01:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Now this is really strange:

When I open the SVG-file via the address bar in UR (which I normally don't use), it is shown correctly, just as in your screenshot.

But, if I import the file into UR - either by dragging it from the browser or by saving it as a file and dragging it from Windows Explorer - it looks like the screenshot below.

If I import a html-file that has embedded SVG, the SVG is ignored while the rest of the html is shown correctly.

I created a html file with some Javascript to show me the browser version. In UR's internal browser it says
Microsoft Internet Explorer v.4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; ....
How is that possible?

As I said before, I have Internet Explorer 9.0 installed (v. 9.0.8112.16421). I have Windows 7 (x32) and UR Pro 4.2b.

Any ideas?

Doris

kinook 12-04-2011 01:46 PM

Try changing the DocType attribute of the imported item to 2. If that doesn't help, please ZIP and send a .urd file with some problems items to support@kinook.com. Thanks.

doris 12-04-2011 04:10 PM

Hi kinook,

after some more experimenting I found the following:
  • An imported .SVG file is displayed only after changing DocType to 2
  • An .SVG file embedded into imported HTML file is displayed correctly, although the browser version is shown as IE7.0
  • An SVG graphic written as code into imported HTML file is not displayed
  • Storing a linked HTML file makes JavaScript-generated text disappear

As requested, I have sent a zipped .URD with examples and a detailed problem description.

Thank you for your quick responses.

Doris

kinook 12-05-2011 07:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Extract and double-click the .reg file in the attachment, and restart UR.

doris 12-05-2011 02:34 PM

Thank you, kinook, your registry fix works very well. The browser version is now shown as IE9.0 and SVG code in HTML files is interpreted correctly.

This leaves
1) the curious matter of the disappearing JavaScript-generated text when HTML files are stored. This does not bother me so far, but I'm interested if you have any thoughts on that?
2) the need to change DocType to 2 for imported .SVG files. I couldn't find any documentation on DocType values and their function. Is there a way to change it automatically on import of .SVGs?

Thanks again for your prompt solution
Doris

kinook 12-05-2011 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doris (Post 19269)
Thank you, kinook, your registry fix works very well. The browser version is now shown as IE9.0 and SVG code in HTML files is interpreted correctly.

This leaves
1) the curious matter of the disappearing JavaScript-generated text when HTML files are stored. This does not bother me so far, but I'm interested if you have any thoughts on that?

You may need to check Tools | Options | Import (More) | Download scripts.
Quote:

2) the need to change DocType to 2 for imported .SVG files. I couldn't find any documentation on DocType values and their function. Is there a way to change it automatically on import of .SVGs?
Another option is to add .xml to Tools | Options | Browser | File extensions to display in internal browser view.

doris 12-06-2011 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinook (Post 19270)
You may need to check Tools | Options | Import (More) | Download scripts.Another option is to add .xml to Tools | Options | Browser | File extensions to display in internal browser view.

Those tips did it. Thank you very much!

Doris