PDA

View Full Version : corruption question

pmuckle
01-31-2005, 07:56 PM
Hi,

I'm trying the program out, and have been getting problems with some gif files I dragged over. When I click on the link I get an access violation error, several other messages then the program shuts down. the gif is visible but there is a purple hue to it (then it disappears). Then, when the program re-opens (at the same place) it happens again...

I was planning to work 100% with stored documents, and this started me thinking about the effects of database or file corrupution, especially once we had hundreds or thousands of files involved.

Is this an issue, and what can we do about it?

Thanks

Pete

kevina
02-01-2005, 12:07 PM
Thanks to a customer supplied Info Database demonstrating this error, we have identified a bug that could cause data corruption under rare circumstances when compressing data stored with an Info Item (that isn't detectable until the data is uncompressed).

Note that if you see this error, you will need to delete the offending Info Item and recreate it, even after applying this bug fix. The fix should prevent data from being corrupted again.

Ultra Recall version 1.2 is available and fixes this bug as reported.

Note: it is highly recommended that you make a backup of your Info Databases before upgrading to a new version.