PDA

View Full Version : COM+ components

automatic
04-09-2003, 04:29 PM
Hi all,

I'm trying to use COM+ component step to Add/Modify a DLL to a COM+ Application. The Step asks for imformation about Transaction support and syn support parameters. But shouldn't the DLL already contain that information? If i do it it component services, this is done automatically since all the transaction parameters are contained in the DLL.

How can i do this automatically in VS Build Pro?

Thanks

kinook
04-10-2003, 09:09 AM
That is a limitation in the current version -- you have to specify the tx/sync options in the step. The next release (available around the end of the month) adds a 'Default' choice for these options, which will cause the settings configured in the component metadata to be used if available or the default COM+ values to be used if not.

automatic
04-10-2003, 09:55 AM
Hi,

so do you have any VBscript for doing this?

thanks

Paddy Green
11-03-2003, 08:34 PM
Can this be set in C++ dll's anywhere? I have been looking, but the only place ive seen it is in VB.

We have 20 odd C++ dll's with various transaction properties set on them, making it a chore in Component Services, setting some classes to be Transactions Required etc. I read that if you set the properties in code that Component Services reads these when you add the DLL to the application.