PDA

View Full Version : Import / Link from Item Context Menu

bkonia
11-23-2004, 08:28 PM
Import / Link file from the item context menu, rather than going through the whole Import Wizard. It's annoying to have to use a wizard every time I want to import or link to a file. I just want to right-click, locate the file and select link or import.

Kevin's response:

"You can drag and drop or copy and paste files from Explorer directly into Ultra Recall. You can also create a document Info Item, then enter the URL/path+filename. We will consider a more direct way of importing files from the context menu without using the full-blown Import Wizard."

My response:

"Yes, but that means you have to open Windows Explorer, which is probably just as many steps as using the Import Wizard. Typing in the filename manually is hardly a convenient alternative."

kinook
12-23-2004, 10:48 AM
You can also access Explorer inside UR. Enter a local path (i.e., c:\) in the Web Address toolbar (the combo auto-completes from available files/folders and also maintains an MRU drop-down of recently entered paths). The detail pane will show an Explorer view of the path. Then navigate and drag/drop and copy/paste from there into UR.