PDA

View Full Version : Problems with FTP

GrahamS
10-12-2004, 09:44 AM
I'm trying to do an FTP get with wild cards (in binary mode) but I get an error:

Error transferring file(s) '/mydir/myfile*': Unable to access file on server (/mydir/myfile*: No such file or directory. )
Step 'Get files' failed

There are only two files myfile.so and myfiled.so

If I do them as two separate steps it works fine.

Any ideas what is going wrong?

kinook
10-13-2004, 07:12 AM
There's a bug in the FTP action when dealing with wildcards: it only handles them properly when the first character in the Local file field (when putting) or the Remote file field (when getting) is a wildcard character. Otherwise, it treats the filename as a single file to be processed, resulting in an error. Here is an update with a fix for this: http://www.kinook.com/Download/VisBuildNet.zip. Extract it to your VBP install path (close VBP first).

GrahamS
10-13-2004, 08:35 AM
Thanks - that's fixed it

willassaf
05-08-2006, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by kinook
There's a bug in the FTP action when dealing with wildcards: it only handles them properly when the first character in the Local file field (when putting) or the Remote file field (when getting) is a wildcard character. Otherwise, it treats the filename as a single file to be processed, resulting in an error. Here is an update with a fix for this: http://www.kinook.com/Download/VisBuildNet.zip. Extract it to your VBP install path (close VBP first).

I have 5.6a and have run across this bug. Any way I can get a patch to fix my version for this problem?

kinook
05-08-2006, 05:00 PM
The fix described is in v5.6 and later.

willassaf
05-08-2006, 05:23 PM
The fix described is in v5.6 and later.

Let me rephrase: I am running 5.6a AND I am encountering the above bug. Is there any other remedy to this situation?

I cannot define a remote directory in screen FTP - Transfer - Remote file (when getting) or Local file (when putting) and use a * or *.* for a wildcard of 'all files'. Works fine when I define an individual file.

kinook
05-08-2006, 06:16 PM
There haven't been any related bugs reported or fixed in v5 since the 5.6 release, and we are no longer supporting, enhancing or making changes to v5.x.

But a simple test w/ the attached sample works as expected here in v5.6:

Connecting to FTP server 'ftp.microsoft.com' on port 21
Transferring index.txt
Transferring README.TXT
2 file(s) successfully transferred

Maybe something isn't configured properly in your step?

willassaf
05-09-2006, 08:36 AM
Well, your test file works.

But in my case, if I provide folder\* as the Get File, it returns

\\DestinationFolder\ <- folder/*
Error transferring file '': The specified directory could not be found (Type set to A.)
Step 'FTP' failed
Build ended.

If I provide folder\file.aspx as the Get File, it succeeds.

\\DestinationFolder\ <- folder/file.aspx
Transferring file.aspx
1 file(s) successfully transferred
Build successfully completed.

kinook
05-09-2006, 09:22 AM
It appears that the server is actually reporting the existence of a file with no name and an error occurs when VBP tries to transfer it.

willassaf
05-09-2006, 09:25 AM
It appears that the server is actually reporting the existence of a file with no name and an error occurs when VBP tries to transfer it.

Any insight on a solution?

kinook
05-09-2006, 09:46 AM
Perhaps *.aspx

willassaf
05-10-2006, 09:45 AM
Nope. Is there an escape character of some sort that would translate * correctly as a wildcard and not an actual file name?

kinook
05-10-2006, 04:00 PM
Since v5.6, a * in the Local field (for a put) or the Remote field (for a get) will be treated as a wildcard. I don't believe that's the issue here. But again, VBP v5 is no longer a supported product.