PDA

View Full Version : In-Built Integration with ANT

rob_manger
06-16-2004, 11:00 PM
Not sure of the feasability of this suggestion.

I have been (forced to) using Apache-ANT for building some aspects of the current project I am on, due to the fact that a large chunk of it is J2EE (which can be done via command-line, I know).

ANT looks like it has a lot of similarities to how VBP works, but it lacks the GUI front-end. While ANT can be run from the command-line, the scripts still need to be developed by hand.

Some in-built ANT Actions in VBP would be really nice.

Cheers

Rob.

kinook
06-21-2004, 10:10 AM
If you're looking for us to create a GUI for developing ANT scripts, that is not likely. We do have on our list to add an action to wrap the ANT command-line tool for integration into a VBP build, although that is relatively simple to call from a Run Program action in the current version.

tim.bertalot
08-19-2004, 12:19 PM
I too am being forced to go to Ant for our next project. Even if it was a seperate product we had to buy I would love to see your company produce a first class visual ant editor. There seems to be a distinct lack of them at the moment and I for one would rather stick with a company that I know can consistently deliver a capable product than searching the net for some second rate tool that will get me by. Or worse yet be forced to edit the xml directly! :)