PDA

View Full Version : How to Reset UR Window Size?

LaurieN
04-07-2010, 08:45 PM
Can someone tell me how to reset the window size for Ultra Recall? I'm not sure if it's a UR function; it might be a Vista function. I'm using Vista Home Premium.

While I was doing research, I had 3 windows open and decided to try to make it easier to get around by using the Show Windows Side by Side feature, even though I have found it works better if I have only 2 or 4 windows open. So Vista made the 3 windows equal vertically, making it difficult to work in any of them. I wound up clicking the Resize button in UR so it was full size and resizing the other two windows manually so they were equal size; that way I only had to switch between UR and the other two windows. Later I chose Undo Show Side by Side. I should have chosen that option first.

Now I can only view UR in full Maximize mode. Clicking the Maximize button doesn't minimize UR to the usual smaller (half?) size. How can I fix my mistake?

Thanks.
Laurie

P.S. The other two windows (Firefox and my genealogy program) resized fine.

quant
04-08-2010, 04:54 AM
I think what happened is that your "not-maximazed" window is almost as big as the maximized window, so you see almost no difference.
I presume you just need to make the application window smaller, resize it by clicking on any corner of the application window and resize (when the application is in "not-maximized" state).

LaurieN
04-09-2010, 01:01 AM
You're absolutely right, Quant. I tried to resize the window while it was maximized. Thanks for the help.

J-Mac
04-13-2010, 02:05 AM
If I am not mistaken, to make your window size "sticky" when you close UR use File>Exit and UR should always open at that same size until you change it that way again.

Jim