PDA

View Full Version : Default UR: External Browsing

armsys
11-05-2009, 01:38 AM
Currently when pressing ENTER or ctrl+j, info items with URL being ur:// will trigger Word 2007.
Would it be possible to set default viewer to UR instead of Word? It just doesn't make sense to view a UR info item with Word.
Armstrong

kinook
11-05-2009, 07:03 AM
I'm not sure why you would set the URL of an item to ur: or use Ctrl+J with such an item.

armsys
11-05-2009, 07:10 AM
The full URL is, for example,
ur://C:/MyFolder/UR/MyURD.urd?item=1234
Such that when pressing the Info Item in Another.urd will jump to the specified item in C:/MyFolder/UR/MyURD.urd.
Hope this will clarify the issue.
Armstrong

kinook
11-05-2009, 07:31 AM
The Open Document command is used to edit the current item document/text externally (and if it's a text item, the RTF will open in Word by default if it is associated with .rtf files).

Right-click the URL attribute and choose Open Shortcut to instead open the URL in UR.

armsys
11-05-2009, 09:32 AM
Sorry for my poor articulation.
My original question was: Why wouldn't UR be hard-coded to parse to URL and jump to the Info Item specified in a format like ur://C:/MyFolder/UR/MyURD.urd?item=1234?

Otherwise, it can be easily achieved by pressing Ctrl+Shift+J.

Armstrong

kinook
11-05-2009, 09:41 AM
Because Item | Open Document is the command to edit the item's stored text/document externally. And Ctrl+Shift+J is another way to open a stored item's original URL.

armsys
11-05-2009, 09:46 AM
I'm happy with Ctrl+Shift+J. It's fast and simple. Yes, now I understand the underpinning design idea. Thanks for your explanation.
Armstrong