PDA

View Full Version : Version 4.0

kinook
08-03-2009, 11:57 AM
Released on <b>August 3, 2009</b>

<b>New Features</b>

<li>Windows 7 and 2008 R2 compatibility.
<li>Highlight search matches in item text (<i>Tools | Options | Search</i>).
<li>Step through search matches (<i>Go | Next/Previous Match</i>).
<li>HTML export (<i>File | Export -> Documents and rich text to HTML</i>).+
<li>Set tab stop positions in text editor (<i>Format | Tabs</i>). First tab stop also used for indent (<i>Format | Increase/Decrease Indent</i>) size.
<li>Delete logical links from Item Parents pane.
<li>Delete line command: <i>Edit | Cut</i> (Ctrl+X) in rich text editor with no selection deletes (cuts) current line.
<li>Paste multiple lines command: <i>Edit | Paste Special | Paste Text One Item Per Line</i> in Data Explorer pane creates one item per line of text on clipboard.
<li>Option to automatically capture clipboard content (<i>Tools | Options | Import | Automatically import clipboard changes</i>).
<li>Option to use form and detail web or rich text viewer for display of imported messages (remove .msg;.eml;.nws from <i>Tools | Options | Documents | File extensions to display in MIME viewer</i> and add to <i>Tools | Options | Browser | File extensions to display in internal browser view</i> or <i>Tools | Options | Editor | File extensions to display in text editor</i>).+
<li>Toggle display of forms (<i>View | Other Windows | Show Forms</i>).+

<b>Enhancements</b>

<li>Detect and sort by dates and numbers in Data Explorer pane.*
<li>Tab enhancements (<i>Tab | Lock tab title</i> and <i>Tab | Go to locked item</i>).+
<li>Support drag/drop and copy/paste from UR into applications accepting URLs (i.e., MindManager).+
<li>If <i>Tools | Options | Import | Choose location when importing or pasting from other applications</i> is checked, show import dialog without showing minimized or hidden UR window.
<li>Advanced Search: The <i>is child of</i> operator, when referencing another search item, includes that item's results instead of child items of the results.
<li>Import delimited data from clipboard (<i>File | Import | A delimited text file -> Load Clipboard</i>).
<li>Double-click (or Enter) on item in tree with no children opens document (equivalent to <i>Item | Open Document</i>).
<li>Don't update Child Items / Search Results pane scroll position while loading or if user scrolls, selects, or cancels while loading.
<li>Maintain position in Child Items / Search Results pane after deleting item(s).
<li>Add and populate Attachments attribute when importing Outlook, Outlook Express, and Thunderbird messages.
<li><i>Edit | Copy Form</i> command: separate form values with tab instead of space and include empty values.+
<li>Require current password to be entered in order to change database password (<i>Tools | Change Password</i>).+
<li>Ability to set boldness and italics of custom fonts (<i>Tools | Options | Fonts</i> and <i>Tools | Options | Editor</i>).
<li>Update item's Date Accessed attribute when skipping duplicate URL during import.+
<li>Keep original Date Created and Date Updated attributes when duplicating items (within same and between DBs).
<li>Don't check existence of linked URL for stored document item.
<li>Option to make selection more obvious (<i>Tools | Options | Fonts | Selected Item</i>).
<li>Option to parse PDF files for summary information without keywording document text (Add .pdf to <i>Tools | Options | File extensions to keyword</i>, create DWORD registry value <i>HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Kinook Software\Ultra Recall\Options\PDFKeywordOnlySummaryInfo</i> with a value of 1, and restart UR).+
<li>Enable combining item text of non-Text items (copy multiple, <i>Edit | Paste Special | Paste Rich Text</i>).+
<li>Enable renaming of system attributes (<i>Tools | Attributes | Properties</i>).+

+ = Professional edition only