PDA

View Full Version : How do I modify the Project (in GTD.urd)?

MrAnalogy
08-13-2008, 05:55 PM
I'm trying to modify the Project item in a copy of the GTD.URD file.

Oh, an specifically: I want to change the Default Child to ITEM (instead of project)

$bill
08-13-2008, 07:34 PM
http://www.kinook.com/UR/Manual/index.htm?template.htm

The defaults are set in Attribute pane (Ctl+4) of the Template for a project. I am guessing you want the default child item to be a Task?

In the Data Explorer window (Ctl+1)- select the Project Item in the Template folder. In the Attributes pane (Ctl+4), change the Attribute " Default Child Template" to Task.

MrAnalogy
08-13-2008, 07:53 PM
Can I change the default behavior of the underlying template (so that ALL projects have that setting (Default Child ...=Task) ?

$bill
08-13-2008, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by MrAnalogy
Can I change the default behavior of the underlying template (so that ALL projects have that setting (Default Child ...=Task) ?

Yes..if you changed the "default child template" attribute of the "Project" item in the "Templates" folder (as above) that should have been the result.

Edit>>Not completely true...if you already edited the item's "default child template" attribute (not the template's attributes) to say Folder then changing the Project template will not change that edited project.